Arad International Airport, the first gateway in the western part of the country, serves domestic and international passenger and freight traffic. It enjoys a good strategic position, being located 250 km from Budapest and 300 km from Belgrade, on the Pan-European Corridor IV. Near the border with Hungary and at the intersection of the main road and rail routes of the country, Arad International Airport is situated in a booming economic zone.
One of the advantages of Arad International Airport is that it is positioned less than 100 m from the road junction that connects to the A1 highway and 4 km from the center of Arad.
The new departures terminal - T2
A notable presence in the infrastructure of Arad International Airport is the Departures Terminal – T2, designed and built to become an important hub for the western area of the country. Comfort and convenience for passengers are considered central interests as Arad International Airport services are of high quality:
- 6 check-in desks with easy access from the terminal entrance
- 6 boarding gates, which enable simultaneous boarding of passengers for different destinations
- The VIP lounge is ideal for relaxing or continuing work during waiting time
- The Mother and Child room is ideal for assisting mothers traveling with children
- Smoking area
- Information desk for those who want to find out more about airlines, flights and tourism
- Free Wi-Fi for all visitors
- Parking spaces: in front of the terminal there are P1 and P2 parking lots for short-term parking and for passengers with reduced mobility and P3 parking lot next to the Arrivals is for long-term parking